4 night Explorer Cruise
- 4 Nights onboard the Historic Paddlesteamer ‘Emmylou’
- Weekly departures from Echuca Monday 4pm
- Enjoy a complimentary V/Line Train fare from Melbourne to Echuca
- All Meals included onboard including Morning and Afternoon Tea
- Take in the sights and sounds of the famous Murray River with included onshore tours and why not try your luck fishing for some Murray River Cod!
- Off Peak Plus Sale – Save 15% on any departure from 1st June to 31st August 2024. Book by 31st March 2024 using Promo Code PEAKPLUS5
From $2040 pp or $3360 Solo
Experience the beauty and history of the Murray River like never before with a 4-night Murray River cruise aboard the PS Emmylou, the world’s only wood-fired paddlesteamer doing overnight cruises. Built in 1980 and recently upgrading to include luxury cabins with ensuites, the PS Emmylou offers a truly unique way to explore the stunning Australian outback.
As you set sail from Torrumbarry you’ll be transported back in time to the era of the original paddle steamers that once plied the Murray River. The PS Emmylou’s wood-fired engines provide an authentic experience that you won’t find anywhere else in the world. You’ll marvel at the craftsmanship of this historic vessel, with its gleaming brass and polished woodwork.
During your 4-night journey, you’ll have the opportunity to explore the region’s rich history and diverse wildlife. Onshore tours will have you disembarking at places of historical, geographical and cultural significance including the historic Perricoota Station and Echuca, once home to the largest fleet of paddlesteamers in the world. You will also visit Restdown Winery learning about the local Aboriginal culture on wetlands guided walk with the owners before enjoying a delicious lunch. You’ll also dine under the lights of the Southern constellations with our signature riverside dining, complete with a river campfire and roasting marshmallows.
Back onboard the PS Emmylou, you’ll enjoy delicious meals prepared by our talented chefs using fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Relax on the sun deck with a glass of wine as you take in the stunning river views. Each night, you’ll retire to your beautifully appointed cabin, complete with all the modern amenities you need for a comfortable stay. Fall asleep to the gentle sound of river and wake up each morning to a new day of adventure on the Murray River.
A 4-night Murray River cruise aboard the PS Emmylou is a truly unforgettable experience, combining the luxury of modern amenities with the charm and authenticity of a bygone era. Book your journey today and discover the magic of the Murray River and the world’s only wood-fired paddlesteamer.
- Join the owner for an insightful tour of Restdwon Winery and its picturesque wetlands, capped off with a delectable lunch featuring locally sourced produce. Indulge in table wine tastings to enhance the experience.
- Traverse Perricoota Station’s enchanting gardens alongside your knowledgeable skipper, soaking in the allure of the famed filming location for the iconic Australian television series, All the Rivers Run.
- Delve into Echuca’s historical sites on a narrated coach tour, gaining insights into the captivating stories that shaped the area.
- Savor a one-of-a-kind riverside BBQ dining experience under the stars, accompanied by live entertainment and the warmth of a crackling campfire.
- Cruise aboard the venerable 110-year-old PS Canberra, sipping on traditional morning tea as you enjoy the timeless surroundings.
- Experience all-day cruising with a historical commentary that will transport you back in time and immerse you in the rich cultural heritage of the Murray River region.
Day 1 - Norris bend
After arriving by coach from Echuca you depart Torrumbarry upstream, enjoy an afternoon Devonshire tea, take in the sights and sounds of the river and get to know your fellow cruisers. There’s ample time to chat with the skipper in the wheelhouse to learn about PS Emmylou, her river history or simply relax in your private cabin.
When the sun begins to set, this marks the start of ‘Happy Hour’. Enjoy a drink in the saloon before a chefprepared welcome dinner. Listen to the river birds’ evening chorus and watch for kangaroos, wombats, and many species of birds as the stars begin to appear. Tonight, we moor at Norris Bend where your crew will have a riverside campfire (weather dependant) ready for you to enjoy after diner.
Day 2 - Onshore Tour & perricoota Station
After a hearty breakfast, Emmylou cruises to the famous Perricoota Station, the property first settled by James Maiden in 1843, and famous for starring in the TV mini series “All the River Run” where PS Emmylou was renamed PS Providence. Here you will depart to Restdown Winery, producers of fine organic wines and Hereford beef. Join the property’s owners for a guided tour along a 1.4km wetlands walking trail, highlighting items of great Aboriginal significance before a gourmet lunch of local produce and wine tastings.
Arriving back at Perricoota Station the skipper will invite you to walk along the historical buildings and immaculate gardens of Perricoota Station before happy hour. Tonight enjoy a fabulous dinner on the deck on Emmylou overlooking the famous Perricoota Station mansion. Tonight, after dinner it’s Movie Night with a special presentation of “Riverboats Remembered”, a fabulous historical presentation featuring archival footage of the paddle steamers and communities of the Murray River from the early 1900s through to the mid1970s.
Day 3 - All Day Cruising & Layfield Lane
For early risers and keen photographers, the morning mist and wildlife around Perricoota is a sight to behold. After breakfast, Emmylou gracefully steams onwards upstream for a full day of cruising towards our riverside mooring, Layfield Lane mooring.
Today enjoy lunch on the deck or in the saloon with plenty of time to relax with a good book or just take in the river views. Tonight, enjoy a grand dinner on the riverbank – our signature Australian BBQ (weather dependent), lit up by candles on the tables and stars in the sky. After dinner enjoy casual conversation around the campfire (weather dependent) with live entertainment before retiring for the evening.
Day 4 - Town Tour & Echuca
Start your day with a satisfying breakfast to fuel up for an exciting half-day adventure on both land and water. Your guided Henry Hopwood Town Tour tour will take you through the charming town of Echuca, uncovering hidden historical gems like Hopwood’s Punt and the pontoon bridge. This bridge, the brainchild of Echuca’s founder Henry Hopwood, marks the initial river crossing in the area.
Next, prepare to be enchanted by our 110 year old PS Canberra featuring a red gum timber hull built in 1912 at Goolwa South Australia. Enjoy morning tea aboard.
Before returning to Emmylou for lunch when your river cruise adventure continues upstream cruising past the imposing Port of Echuca Wharf once home to over 100 paddlesteamers in its heyday. This evening you will enjoy a farewell dinner cruising upriver of Echuca .
Day 5 - Echuca
Before breakfast, early risers can enjoy a wander along the riverbank before we say farewell. Coach transfer to Echuca Car Parking, Train Station, and Echuca CBD Hotels