Temporary Change – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Terms & Conditions
The health and wellbeing of our guests and employees continues to be of paramount importance to us. We would like to reassure our guests that we are monitoring the situation closely and based on current advice all our cruises are operating as normal. We have and continue to do additional cleaning of all our boats to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our crew and guests.
We understand that many of our customers’ travel plans have been impacted by the spread of Coronavirus and various government travel restrictions announced. We also understand the importance of providing our customers with as much flexibility and assurance as possible.
So we have made a temporary change to our Terms & Conditions. For all Daily Cruises, we are providing our customers the opportunity to cancel any new or existing bookings and keep the value of their ticket as a cruise credit. Cruise credits can be used on any cruise for travel 3 years from the date of the original cruise date.
Simply email us at [email protected], at least 24 hours prior to your original cruise departure date advising you would like tickets placed on hold. When you’re ready to book advise us of your new departure date/time and we will send you a revised online confirmation. If required you will need to cover any fare difference at the time of rebooking.
We ask that any guest who may be unwell, even with mild cold symptoms, to refrain from visiting to protect other guests and staff but also yourselves, should you inadvertently be exposed to the virus. For further information regarding Coronavirus and/or Governments advice please visit: www.health.gov.au or call the Public Health Information Line on 1800 004 599.
Any booking held between 23rd March and 31st December 2020 can be held on credit until December 2021 at 100% of the original fare. Any price change must be paid for at the time of rebooking and full cruise payment made. New cruise departure date must be prior to 31st December 2021. No change of booking fee is payable. Should you wish to change your cruise date please email us 14 days prior to your departure at [email protected]
Restrictions and information until further notice – PS Emmylou 1 to 4-night Cruises
- Passengers with confirmed COVID-19, or who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous two weeks, will not be allowed to cruise.
- Passengers who have arrived from overseas and not isolated themselves for 14 days prior to cruise date will not be allowed to cruise. They will also require clearance from a GP.
- Any passenger that has had confirmed contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 in the previous two weeks before a cruise will not be allowed to travel.
- Any passenger that is denied travel with us due to the above will be permitted to defer their travel to another cruise departure date without charge. Guests may also elect to receive a credit of the amount paid to be put towards a different cruise with the company at a future date before 31st December 2021. The company will require a letter from a medical practitioner prior to a rebooking being made. Any price difference must be paid at the time of rebooking.
- Passengers who believe that they fall into any of the above categories above are encouraged to contact us so that we can collectively determine their suitability to travel as booked.
- As with all tours and charters, passengers are encouraged to take out travel insurance and ambulance cover at the time of booking. These recommendations are to protect passengers if they are forced to cancel on medical grounds. Please check your insurance policy before travel as some policies may not cover pandemics.
Terms & Conditions – Accommodated Cruises
Please download the Passenger Cruise Agreement
Passenger Cruise Information Guide
Please download the Passenger Cruise information Guide
Car Parking Map
Please download the Car Parking Map
Terms & Conditions Including Non Accommodated Charter Bookings
- In these conditions
- ‘Company’ means Australian Paddlesteamers Pty Ltd and, where the context requires, its employees or agents.
- ‘Passenger’ means any person or persons on the cruise by virtue of this ticket.
- The passenger acknowledges that during the cruise the vessel will be and remain under the absolute control of the Company and that the direction and control of the vessel and its crew is at all times the sole responsibility of the Master of the vessel. The Master of the vessel reserves the right to refuse entry of a passenger onto the vessel and to require a passenger to disembark the vessel in the Master’s sole discretion. The passenger acknowledges that the Master of the vessel has the sole and absolute discretion to vary the scheduled route or destination of the cruise if for any reason the Master of the vessel considers it necessary for the safety and welfare of the vessel, its passengers and crew.
- The Company reserves the right to:
- Substitute any other vessel other than the one designated for the cruise (including a vessel not owned by the company) provided that the substituted vessel is of a similar type and includes similar facilities to the vessel named in the cruise;
- To cancel or abandon the cruise due to river or mechanical failure, or the minimum number of 10 passengers has not been booked prior to departure.
- To cancel or abandon the cruise either before or during the cruise, if the Company or Master of the vessel considers in their sole and absolute discretion that the cancellation is necessary for reasons of weather or in the interest of the safety and well-being of the vessel, its passengers and crew and the Company will not be liable for any loss or expense incurred by the Passenger caused by such substitution or cancellation.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Company, its related entities, employees and agents shall not be liable for any claims, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential) as a result of, or arising out of, or in any way connected with the cruise. The Passenger releases the Company for any claim whatsoever and howsoever incurred including but not limited to a claim for death bodily injury damage or loss of property during embarkation and/or disembarkation to or from the vessel and/or at all times whilst onboard the vessel itself, unless caused by wilful misconduct or reckless disregard of the Company. In the event of breach of any of these terms by the Company, or a failure in whole or in part to provide any service that the company contracted to provide (either expressly or by implication), the remedy for any such breach of any term shall be limited only to the contractual value of the performance of service or obligation that was not performed by the Company, or alternatively part value of the service where there was partial performance of the service or obligation by the Company. Any liability shall be assessed by the Company’s own value of the service and/or obligation or part thereof that is the subject of any claim.
- Passengers must not bring any alcoholic beverages or illegal substances onto the vessel.
- Boarding pass tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable and will not be replaced if lost, destroyed or damaged.
- Special conditions apply to private charter & event bookings. See below.
- Other Operators – Whilst all care is taken, no responsibility/liability whatsoever is borne or accepted by the Company for any other operator that is included, for any reason, as part of a package holiday, or conference or meeting within the Company’s Ship. The passenger agrees that any independent contractors with whom the Company so contracts provide their services subject to their usual terms and conditions.
- Minimum 1 ½ hour booking applies for charters. Morrisons Winery drop-off is a minimum 1 ½ hour charter or negotiable on a case by case basis.
- Where a commercial cruise may be cancelled or due to time required for you to decorate the vessel, we reserve the right to apply a levy.
- Deposit: A deposit of 30% of the Total Charter Quote is required to secure the
- Payment: For catering purposes final numbers must be supplied no later than seven (7) days prior to the date of the Charter.
- Final Payment: Due 7 days prior to your cruise departing. Adjustments can be made for passenger number advised with final payment. No refund are made once final passenger numbers are advised and paid.
- Decorating Policy: MRPS are not responsible for the decorating of the vessel or table decorations prior to the cruise. If a table layout is requested, MRPS will assist with the table layout. All decorations are to be removed at the conclusion of the cruise.
1 hour is allowed to set-up the boat. Extra time is charged at $75.00 per hour.
In the case of a Wedding charter, MRPS are able to supply wedding ribbon from the upper deck to the flagpole upon request.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel your booking outside 30 days prior to departure, an administrative charge is applied of $200. When a booking is cancelled within 7 days prior to departure, 100% loss.
Footwear: Due to the wooden decks on our boats, pencil point (stiletto’s) heel shoes, are not permitted on board. Therefore, we request alternative footwear is to be worn whilst on board (barefeet is not permitted).
Other: Your charter commences at the agreed departure time. Boarding is fifteen minutes before the scheduled departure. We request that guests disembark within 15 minutes of berthing so that the crew can perform their post cruise duties. Thereafter an hourly rate or part thereof will be charged.
General: General Terms & Conditions of Carriage including Charters